Green Fundraising for Individuals, Church, School, Organizations, Non-Profits
Phoneraiser was founded in 2003 to provide an environmentally responsible way to raise funds for a wide variety of organizations. We strive to be a leader in fundraising by offering an innovative and simple venue to dispose of potentially hazardous cellular waste.
Did you know?
Numbers of Cell Phones/Smart Phones: Used cell/smart phones are plentiful! An independent research organization issued a study explaining that there are more than 500 million used, out-of-commission, and obsolete cell/smart phones in homes and offices across America.
Environmental Hazards: If not disposed of properly, cell/smart phones are damaging to our air, soil and water:
- Each cell phone contains at least eight toxic elements.
- One cell phone can contaminate 35,000 gallons of water, if it gets into the landfill – that's enough water for 153 people for one year.
- In the U.S. we have already retired over 500 million cell phones.
- Each month, an additional 10 million cell phones are retired.
- In 2012, Phoneraiser Partners saved 4,620,000,000 gallons of water from being contaminated, by recycling cell phones with us.
- In the U.S. we currently recycle about 33% of our waste.
- Only 5% of empty inkjet cartridges get recycled.
- It takes 2.5 oz of oil to make a new inkjet cartridge and ten times for a laser printer cartridge. That it is almost one gallon of oil!
- In 2012, Phoneraiser Partners recycled over 240,000 inkjet cartridges.